Friday, May 4, 2012

Party Animals!


I was looking through several sites for cookie cutters when I happened to notice a  Balloon Animal Cookie Cutter .  I thought it might be fun to make some balloon animal cookies so I did a Google search and found a picture of one I liked and fashioned myself a cutter.


 I marked the sections of the first cookie to have an idea of how I would apply the frosting.  Using 20 second icing I filled each outline separately allowing time for each section to dry before adding any more.




I didn't think about highlighting in the beginning.  Then when I did try it, I wasn't sure how to accomplish the result I wanted. As I studied my finished product, it became obvious to me that I need to  use some shading along with highlights in the next batch.


One of the little details I missed was in the shaping of the frosting.  The sections need to look more like stretched and twisted balloon parts, rather than just blobs.

Decorating my cookies turned out to be more fun than I had expected.  I still need practice and have a lot to learn about technique but I was happy with my results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment